where we are
CRI facilities are distributed in three different locations:
- San Michele all’Adige (25 km north of Trento) where the main buildings are located (genetic laboratory, administration offices). Address: via Edmund Mach n. 1, 38010 San Michele all'Adige (TN) - Italy
- Viote del Monte Bondone (25 km from Trento, located on Monte Bondone, at 1.500 m a.s.l) Address: Viote del Monte Bondone, locality Caserme 2, 38060 Garniga Terme (TN) - Italy
- Vigalzano di Pergine Valsugana (15 km from Trento) where the germoplasm collection is located Address: via della Val n. 2, locality Costa di Casalino, 38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN) - Italy
How to reach us:
by air - there are no international airports near Trento. The closest airports are the following:
- Verona (100 Km) is the nearest and most convenient airport to Trento. It is mostly served by flights to and from mainland Europe, Ireland and the UK. From here, it is easy to reach the Verona railway station by means of a 20-minute shuttle service. The trip from Verona to Trento takes approximately 1 hour and there are trains departing every hour (see below).
- Milan - Aeroporto di Malpensa (264 Km) is the nearest long-haul international airport to Trento. By means of a 45-minute shuttle service it is possible to reach the Milan railway station, where you can take a train to Trento (see section "By train" below). In general, the total time for the trip is 3 hours (about 2 hours from Milan to Verona and 1 hour from Verona to Trento).
- Venice (173 Km) is an alternative long-haul international airport which is approximately 3 hours from Trento by train. To get to the train station from the airport there is a shuttle service that takes about half an hour.
by train - from both Verona and Milan, there are frequent daily trains running to Trento, which is located conveniently on the principal Verona-Brennero train route. The approximate journey from Verona is 1 hour, while it is 3 hours from Milan.
For train times and fares, please visit:
Travellers should remember that tickets must be validated before boarding trains in Italy. To do so, you must use the yellow machines found on the platforms.
by car - you can use the highway Autostrada A22 del Brennero, exit Trento south. For detailed driving directions to Trento, we suggest these online resources http://www.viamichelin.com or http://maps.google.com.